Do you need something enhanced on your property? Are you considering starting a hardscape project? It can be overwhelming, but there are different factors to consider to ensure the procedure runs smoothly. Perform the following steps, and you will be one way closer to the hardscape project of your dreams.
Search and Choose a Landscaping Team
Plan as early as possible for hardscaping projects. To start your hardscaping project, research your local area for contractors that provide the particular services you need. We recommend checking the following information to give you insight into the quality of work performed by the company:
- How long has the landscaping contractor been in business?
- What do the reviews/testimonials say about the contractor’s services?
- Is the contractor qualified to complete my vision for my property?
Take the time to research and review your candidates to choose the landscaping company that best fits your property. Make sure your final contractor list has three strong candidates. Once this process is complete, you can advance to the next step.
Describe and Define Your Vision
Where do you begin? The variety of layouts, options, and materials is never-ending. We understand, so here are a couple of things to think about when planning your hardscape project:
- What products do you want? Options include natural stone, clay brick, concrete, or stamped concrete.
- What elements do you prefer in your new landscape? For instance, consider installing a gas or wood-burning fire pit or an outdoor kitchen in your patio. There are plenty of choices to consider.
- What is the size of your hardscape project? Do you want to entertain many friends and family or create an area for you and your family? Determining the size of your hardscape project will ensure your contractor isn’t developing a space too small or big for your home.
Sharing photos is another way to describe your ideas to your contractor. You can show your personal pictures or internet images for inspiration.
Create a List of Questions to Ask
After your contractor has been selected and your vision clearly defined, this is the time to ask additional questions. To get you started, ask the following:
- When can my project start? Can you meet my deadline?
- When should I be able to get an estimate?
- How long is this project?
- If we notice a problem, who will be the contact person?
Make sure to be organized throughout this process and do not forget to list anything significant or time-sensitive.
Choose Edward’s Lawn & Home
For the past thirteen years, Edwards Lawn and Home has been offering premier residential and commercial services to improve your property all year long. The options are endless from a new patio to a backyard fire pit, let the winners of Angie’s List Super Service Aware serve you! If you’re interested in finding out more about our services or getting a quote, you can contact us online or give us a call at 443-341-6539. For more information about our services or DIY tips and tricks follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Houzz.